Special Projects Librarian, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library
New York, NY 2015
- Verify and standardize bibliographic information for Synapse, the MSKCC inventory of content published by its researchers, clinicians, nurses and healthcare professionals.
- Support document delivery services by processing interlibrary loan requests.
- Help patrons search library catalog and check out materials, provide general computer troubleshooting help.
Document Delivery Services Assistant, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library
New York, NY 2014-2015
- Process and fulfill ILLiad requests in a busy medical library.
- Provide shift coverage for front desk, fielding patron questions and offering general technical troubleshooting help.
- Assist library staff with a variety of projects, including designing informational table tents, research for library social media and blog, and compiling RSS feeds.
Visitor Service Trainer, American Museum of Natural History
New York, NY 2006, 2007-2015
- Work with a broad contingent of visitors, including non-English speakers, families with young children and educators to create memorable experiences in a safe educational environment.
- Create and accurately process individual reservations for visitors, school groups and tour operators in a high-volume environment.
- Train new staff in department standards and procedures; oversee overall quality of customer service.
- Cooperate with security and IT services to assure an ongoing operation of museum exhibits and theaters.
Preservation Intern, Columbia University Libraries, Preservation and Digital Conversion Division
New York, NY 2013
- Reformatted, cataloged and published full-text ebooks for Columbia University’s Digital Collections E-Book Digitization Project.
Preservation Intern, Wildlife Conservation Society Archives
Bronx, NY 2013
- Worked with WCS Archives staff to assess, record and address preservation needs of large-scale materials in the collection.
- Created accession records in Archivists’ Toolkit for items found in collection in the course of the project.
Administrative Assistant, Middlebury College Language Schools
Middlebury, VT 2006-2007
- Answered incoming inquiries about the language program, admission procedures and Vermont life.
- Performed general office filing, data management and communication editing.
- Processed over 2,000 rolling applications for Katherine W. Davis Scholarship, including the associated organization, filing, and follow-up communication.
Library Assistant, Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Middlebury, VT 2006
- Assisted visiting researchers with document retrieval from the museum archive.
- Created Excel database of metadata for a collection of state fair ephemera.
- Searched archive for items to feature in the upcoming exhibition about health and hygiene in Vermont.
Manager, Kiev Restaurant and Cafe
New York, NY 2002-2006
- Established a loyal client base though knowledgeable and personable service.
- Standardized sequence of service; reduced labor cost 12% by coordinating staff schedules to reflect the establishment’s need.
- Monitored kitchen performance for consistency of presentation and compliance with sanitation guidelines.
Middlebury College — BA cum laude in history and philosophy (department honors), 2007
Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate (2015-2020)
Advanced Certificate in Archives and Records Management